DOG LICENSE APPLICATION
Click Here - Link to Dog License Application Form
Return completed and signed form, with a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate and payment to:
City of Lathrup Village
27400 Southfield Road
Southfield, MI 48076
For additional information, contact:
Sec. 10-47. - Application; contents; immunization prerequisite.
- Application to be filed on or before February 28 of each year with the city clerk
- Give the full name, breed, sex, age, color and markings of the dog, and the name and address of the last previous owner
- Include a copy of the valid certificate of a current vaccination for rabies,
- The certificate for vaccination for rabies shall state the month and year of expiration for the rabies vaccination and cannot expire more than 30 days before expiration of the license.
Sec. 10-4. - Dogs in public; restraint; immunization required.
- No dog shall be permitted at any time to be on a public highway or street, or in a public park, public building, or any other public place, or in any place to which the public is generally invited:
(1) Except when restrained by the owner thereof or another responsible person, or when confined in a shipping receptacle or vehicle, or when on the premises of a duly-authorized dog training facility or dog park; and
(2) Unless such dog shall have been immunized against rabies.
Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to prevent an owner from taking his dog to the offices of a veterinarian for the purpose of having the dog immunized.In compliance with the Dog / Cat Law of 1919, all amendments thereto, and the animal ordinance of the City of Lathrup Village, it is unlawful for any person to own or harbor more than three cats or dogs. It is the duty of the owner to control, confine, fence, or leash to prevent a pet from running loose upon any property other than that of the owner, and to keep the rabies vaccination current. It is the owner’s responsibility to clean up after a pet.