CITY OF LATHRUP VILLAGE
RESOLUTION APPROVING TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
WHEREAS, City of Lathrup Village’s Traffic and Vehicles Ordinance No. 74-28, Section 2.25a, provides that the Chief of Police shall be vested with the powers and perform the duties of traffic engineer; and
WHEREAS, R 28.1153 Rule 153. Traffic-Control Orders, stipulates that:
(1) The authority in the Act and this code to regulate traffic shall be exercised by the traffic engineer by the issuance of traffic-control orders that shall specify the rules and regulations adopted or established by him or her. The traffic-control orders shall become effective upon being filed with the clerk and upon erection of adequate signs or signals that give notice of the existence of the regulation, if signs or signals are required by the provisions of this code that pertain to the regulation.
(2) Traffic-control orders may be issued by the traffic engineer on his or her own authority, but when so issued shall be known as temporary traffic-control orders and shall not be effective after the expiration of 90 days from the date of filing and these temporary traffic-control orders shall not be renewed or extended, except upon approval by the ordinance making body.
(3) Permanent traffic-control orders shall be issued by the traffic engineer, approved by the ordinance making body, and filed with the clerk.
(4) Temporary orders shall become permanent orders upon being approved by the ordinance making body, and notice of the approval shall be filed with the clerk.
(5) All traffic-control orders and any actions that modify or repeal the orders shall be kept by the clerk in a separate book that shall be known as the traffic-control order book.
(6) A copy of a traffic-control order, certified by the clerk to be a true copy compared by him or her with the original in his or her office, shall be permitted into evidence in all courts and proceedings in the same manner as the original would be permitted into evidence if produced. If it appears that a traffic-control sign, signal, or device that conforms to the provisions of this code was erected or in place when the alleged violation of this code occurred, it shall be prima facie evidence of the existence of a lawful traffic control order that authorizes the traffic control, sign, signal, or device, and it is not necessary for the prosecution to affirmatively show the existence of a valid traffic-control order in these cases, unless and until the presumption is rebutted by competent evidence.
(7) All traffic control orders issued by the traffic engineer, whether temporary or permanent, shall be in accordance with standard and accepted engineering practices as adopted in R 28.1126.
WHEREAS, the Lathrup Village Police Department (LVPD), following an investigation of parking conditions of residential streets adjacent to Southfield Road, is issuing a Traffic Control Order to prohibit parking from 8:00 am through 6:00 pm, Monday through Saturday, on all streets adjacent to the business district along Southfield Road, between Lincoln and 12 Mile Road; and
WHEREAS, the City Council, as the ordinance making body for the City of Lathrup Village, is being requested to approve and make permanent this Traffic Control Order.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the City Council of the City of Lathrup Village, does hereby approve the Traffic Control Order to prohibit parking from 8:00 am through 6:00 pm, Monday through Saturday, on all streets adjacent to the business district along Southfield Road.
Adopted this 4th day of February, 2019.