Yard Waste - Monday:
Collection begins Monday, April 6, 2020.
Compostable items such as leaves, weeds, twigs, etc., should be placed in yard waste bags (under 2 inches in diameter and broken/cut to fit in yard waste bags).
Alternatively, yard waste may be placed in plastic garbage cans marked with SOCRRA "Yard Waste" stickers, which are available at no cost. Stickers can be obtained at City Hall. Stop by and pick up as many as needed, or call and request them to be mailed.
Click here for a printable list of items that can be included with your yard waste to be recycled into compost.
Yard waste must be separate from trash and recyclables.
Acceptable containers: Trash cans with “yard waste” decals (decals available at city offices) or 30-gallon paper yard waste bags.
Yard waste containers must weigh less than 50 poundsand yard waste must be small enough to fit in designated container.
Chipping Service - Friday:
Chipping service begins Friday, April 10, 2020
- For branches 2 – 4 inches in diameter and 4 feet or longer.
- Place branches and limbs stacked neatly at the curb with the "cut" side facing the street.
- Smaller branches should be put out with YARD WASTE.
- Chipper runs on FRIDAYS.
- Service runs April to December.
- Branch Chipping Guidelines
For general information, visit the SOCRRA WASTE WIZARD.