Lathrup Village has the best volunteers in the world! The Parks & Recreation department greatly appreciates all its volunteers and encourages you to get involved.
Volunteering is easy! No experience necessary, just a smile and a willingness to participate. You can choose what event you might be best suited for and enjoy!
If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, please fill out this quick form and we'll be in touch.
The following is work needed to be done at our parks! Tools and yard waste bags are available by emailing Chris email@example.com. Don't forget to record your hours for Community Service Credits!
Municipal Park (Located behind City Hall on Southfield Rd)
- Light Tree Trimming
- Light tree trimming
- Leaf pick up
- Weeding on roller hockey rinks
- Tree Trimming on walking path
- Buckthorn trimming on Monterey entrance
- Buckthorn trimming on San Quentin entrance
- Tree trimming
- Weeds around playground
- Paint or stain planters
- Tree trimming
- Bushes along fence
- Weeds in playground
- Buckthorn along the walking path
Community Service Credits
Volunteers earn community service credits for their work. These credits can be applied to the rental of our facilities. General volunteers are credited at $10 per hour. To learn more about Community Service Credits, click here.
Types of Jobs
- Events: from setup and tear down to check-in tables and doing crafts, there are lots of jobs to do during events
- Internship: interns are needed year-round. If you are interested in working behind-the-scenes in parks & recreation and can dedicate at least two days a week for a season, we'd love to have you help out as an intern. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.