TRASH COLLECTION - RESIDENTIAL
Residential trash collection is handled by Tringali. They can be reached at (248) 585-9120
Monday is the collection day for all refuse except during specified holiday weeks (see below). This includes regular garbage, bulk items, recyclables, yard waste, and bush/branches.
Collection begins at 7 a.m. All items must be placed at the curb after 4 p.m. Sunday and no earlier. Residents who put out refuse any earlier could receive a notice of violation.
- Garbage: Use standard garbage cans or containers no larger than 35 gallons. Much larger 96-gallon garbage container carts (on wheels) may be purchased directly from Tringali Sanitation, Lathrup’s garbage hauling contractor.
- Bulk Items: Collection of items like refrigerators, stoves, furniture, etc., is performed at no additional charge.
- Recyclables: Use the green recycling carts for all recyclables: cardboard, paper, metal cans, glass, and plastic. Please clean items prior to putting them in the cart.
- Branches: Please see special section
- Yard Waste: Use yard waste bags available at hardware stores, or garbage cans marked with the “SOCRRA Yard Waste” sticker, which are free and available at City Hall. Yard waste collection ends Monday, Dec.16, 2019.
Tringali Sanitation is the company the collects everything. For specific collection questions, call 248-585-9120.
Holiday changes for 2020
When one of the following holidays falls on a MONDAY, collection for the holiday will be delayed one day.
These holidays are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. There are no collection changes due to MLK Day, Veterans’ Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s Day.
Lathrup Village is a member of the Southeast Oakland County Resource Recovery Authority (SOCRRA). The authority treats garbage and recyclables as “resources” that are either processed or sold for reuse to keep collection costs low. Most of the items listed above are trucked to a SOCRRA facility.
Lathrup Village residents may also deliver items to the SOCRRA Recycling Drop-Off Center at 995 Coolidge, between 14 Mile and Maple roads, in Troy. Accepted items include clothes and shoes, household hazardous waste, CDs and DVDs, books, Styrofoam, plastic bags, electronics and more. Self-serve paper shredding is also available.
For hours and other information, visit www.socrra.org or call 248-288-5150.
Scrapping is outlawed in Lathrup Village. Report scrappers to the police by calling 248-557-2600, ext. 229. Do not dial 911; while scrapping is illegal, it is not considered an emergency.
phone: (248)288-5150 x10
SOCRRA Newsletter - Oct. 2018