Get Started Recycling
If you want to recycle, but haven’t yet, please visit the City Offices to arrange to have a recycling bin delivered to your home. The recycling bin will cost $12, paid in advance. You can also visit the SOCRRA website
for additional recycling information.Acceptable Items
- Cans, pie tins, aluminum trays, hangers, pots and pans, toasters, faucets, silverware, pipe, etc.
- Paint and aerosol cans
- These items must be emptied! metal lids, no plastic. Do not puncture / remove ends
- Household batteries
- Please place items in clear plastic bag
- Paper products
- Please place paper products in paper / plastic grocery bag before placing in bin
- Office paper, junk mail, construction paper, manila folders (no clamps), loose-leaf paper, computer paper, carbonless forms, catalogs, magazines, phone books, newspapers, paper milk cartons and juice/drink boxes, paper plates and cups, paperback books, etc.
- Plastic Containers
- All plastic containers accepted
- Glass bottles and jars
- Corrugated cardboard
- Fold, flatten, or cut bundles smaller than 2' x 2' x 1'. Tie and place next to or under bin
- Paperboard and brown paper grocery bags
- Flatten boxes and stuff tightly in largest box or paper grocery bag
- Disposable napkins, tissues and towels
Ceramics, mirrors, coffee cups, plate glass, window glass
Please note: Since Lathrup is paid for the recyclables placed out for curbside recycling, please report scavenging to the Lathrup Village Police at (248) 557-3600. Try to get the license plate number and remember: It makes cents to recycle!