Planning & Zoning
A primary responsibility of the Community & Economic Development Department (CED) is the management and implementation of planning & zoning activities in the city. This includes managing the development process for various land use applications such as site plan review and variance requests. The city uses Giffels Webster to provide our professional planning & engineering services.
We recognize that developing properties and creating outstanding places isn't always straight-forward. To help alleviate some confusion, CED has created a Development Guide to outline the roles, responsibilities, timelines, and expectations for projects in the city. We also encourage prospective applicants to meet with city staff and our consultants prior to submitting a formal application (i.e. site plan review) to ensure all of their questions are answered. For specific questions or to set up a pre-application meeting, please contact the CED Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interactive Zoning Map
For specific information on each of the established districts please reference the Zoning Ordinance.
Applying for a Zoning Variance
Prior to 30 Days before next scheduled regular meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals the applicant is required to submit a variance Application along with 10 copies of plans containing the following items with the Clerk’s Office:
- Complete application and appropriate fee (2020 Fee Schedule)
- Actual shape and dimensions of the lot, Drawn to Scale
- The location and dimensions of all existing structures and the location and dimensions of the proposed change (i.e. new structure of alteration of existing one).
- Existing and intended use for each building or part thereof.
- Statement of practical difficulties that prevent conformities with the Ordinance Requirements
- Description of any unique circumstances regarding the property (i.e. parcel shape, location, building, etc)
Site Plan Review Application
Special Land Use Application
Revocable Permanent Encroachment License Application
The City Council of Lathrup Village updated the Fee Schedule for 2020 which went into effect on Jan.1st.
CLICK ON LINK TO 2020 FEE SCHEDULE
***please pardon our dust as we continue to update this page***