Does the following describe you?
- Honest, ethical, and of high moral character
- Committed to serving and working in partnership with your community
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Looking for a rewarding career in one of the finest cities in the country
If so, then we are interested in you and feel that we have much to offer you. The Lathrup Village Police Department accepts applications on an ongoing basis. If you have further questions, please give our Police Personnel Office a call at (248) 557-3600.
Current opening: Police Records Clerk – Part-time
Under general supervision, performs complex clerical work relating to Public Safety records, property and other related work as assigned. A background of utmost integrity is required. A background investigation will be conducted and will be a qualifying segment for employment. Candidates must also successfully complete a credit check, drug screen and medical examination.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides a high level of customer service in assisting residents, businesses and visitors.
- Perform a variety of clerical and typing related to Public Safety.
- Type a variety of letters, reports, records, memoranda, and statistical tables.
- Scans work and validates entries into the CLEMIS database from all police reports, including crime, accidents, impounds, missing persons, and stolen automobiles.
- Maintain the Departments confidential files in accordance with prescribed system and procedures.
- Process warrants, looks up addresses and enter warrants into LEIN.
- Perform criminal history research and update records for crime reports and gun permits.
- Assist in the processing and registration of State-mandated registrants.
- Maintain court calendar for staff.
- Compose and answers routine correspondence.
- Open and distribute Police Department mail.
- Answer questions about routine policies and procedures, or refers parties to the appropriate department.
- Office and telephone procedures and practices.
- Customer relations and service skills.
- Efficient in modern office equipment, practices and procedures.
- Handle numerous activities at once (i.e. phone calls and receive visitors) effectively and pleasantly.
- Perform clerical work involving the use of independent judgment and requiring speed and accuracy.
- Type accurately at a speed of 55 words per minute.
- Use good interpersonal skills, including dealing politely and effectively with citizens who may be emotionally upset, excited, or distraught.
- Compile information and prepare reports accurately and efficiently.
- Think and act quickly, calmly, and appropriately in emergency situations.
- Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with department personnel, supervisors, other City employees, and the general public.
Education and Experience:
A high school diploma and two years of clerical, typing, and/or computer experience.
Experience with CLEMIS, SOR, Gun permits, TR-52, FOIA, and LEIN.
32 hours / week with a salary range of $13.50 – 14.50 per hour.
Resumes should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 248-569-2529.
The position will remain open until it is filled.