LATHRUP VILLAGE - PROJECT UPDATES
(Please note that all projects timelines are estimates and subject to change)
Lathrup Village proposed work for the week of 9/13/2021:
Week of 9/13 Update - ASI installed sharrow pavement markings and surveyed surface drainage areas.
Week of 9/20 – ASI plans to correct surface drainage defects and to finish all remaining punch list items.
Week of 9/13 update – Sunde Services did not work on L/C verification this week.
Week of 9/20 – Sunde Services will resume verifications once the water main is in the ground.
Week of 9/13 update – Sunde Services did not work on hydrants this week. They received materials required to complete the hydrants.
Week of 9/20 – Sunde will resume installation after the water main work is completed.
Week of 9/13 update – Sunde Services did not work on gate valves this week.
Week of 9/20 – Sunde Services will continue work on Phase 2 gate valves once the water main work is completed.
San Rosa and Wiltshire Water Main
Week of 9/13 update – Sunde Services tied services into San Rosa. The Wiltshire water main passed bacterial and pressure testing.
Week of 9/20 – Sunde Services will complete the San Rosa water main on Tuesday and begin tying in service connections on Wiltshire.
Week of 9/13 update – K D continued removals and replacements of residential sidewalks.
Week of 9/20 – K D will continue removals and replacements of sidewalks.
DISCOLORED WATER NOTICE TO RESIDENTS:
Occupants in the area may experience discolored water for several hours after the repair has been completed.
Brown, rusty water is caused by iron and other materials stirred up in the water mains. This is most often caused by a water main break or annual maintenance. If you are experiencing this problem:
- Turn on the COLD-water faucet at the lowest level of your home (nearest the water meter) and let the COLD-water run for approximately 10 minutes.
- This should clean out the residue in your service line, and clear the problem.
- The water is safe to drink, but do not wash whites, since they will discolor.
- Flush the water lines that feed the washing machine and dishwasher by running each through one cycle before using.
- Empty and clean automatic ice makers.
Week of May 3, 2021
Exterior Water Service Excavation - Lead & Copper Verifications and Stop Box Replacement(approx. 350 properties randomly selected, as required by Michigan EGLE)
– Sunde has completed Phase 1A Lead & Copper verifications (12 total) MAP LINK
- The week of May 3rd Sunde should complete Phase 1B L & C verifications (19 total)
- May 3 - May 14: Streets include Bloomfield, Coral Gables, Eldorado Place, Kilburnie and Lathrup Blvd.
Fire Hydrants (nearby residents may experience periodic water interruptions during the process)
- Sunde has completed Phase 1 of the hydrant repairs (3 total)
- May 3 to May 14 - 7 fire hydrants to be replaced
- Glenwood & Lathrup (1)
- Avilla & Lathrup (2)
- Sunset & Wiltshire (1)
- Glenwood & Santa Barbara (1)
- Glenwood & Woodworth (1)
- San Jose & Rackham (1)
Gate Valves – No work has been started yet. MAP LINK
On Tuesday, they will begin removals of sidewalks, driveways, culverts, etc.
The Contractor distributed notices to each affected residence or business on those streets under construction prior to work beginning.
For 2021, the pavement reconstruction program is essentially in 2 phases or groups:
Group 1 – Resurfacing and Reconstruction (scheduled to start Monday, May 3rd)
- Glenwood Blvd (Resurface from Lathrup to E. Goldengate)
- Cambridge Blvd (Rehabilitation from Rainbow to Santa Barbara)
- Sunset Dr (Resurface from Bloomfield to Wiltshire)
- Bungalow Dr (Resurface from Rainbow to Santa Barbara)
- Sunnybrook Ave (Resurface from Red River to Rackham)
- Avilla Blvd (Resurface from Southfield to east city limit)
- Glenwood Blvd (Rehabilitation from Red River to Santa Barbara)
- Santa Barbara Dr (Resurface from Bungalow to San Jose)
- Monday. May 3rd - regular service
- The following Monday(s) –Tringali Trucks will still be able to make it down the street We are working with Tringali on identifying “corners” where residents can leave their containers when the garbage trucks can’t get through. We are advising residents to be prepared to not put out their trash containers in weeks 2 and 3 of construction, just in case the trucks can’t get through.
BRANCH CHIPPING –We are asking residents on the roads under construction to NOT put out tree branches for the chipping service on Friday’s, until the construction is completed.
MAIL – the Post Office has advised that they will AUTOMATICALLY HOLD mail for any streets under construction. Residents can pick up their mail at the Lathrup Village Post Office (28211 Southfield Road) during their regular hours of operation. For additional information, call 800.275.8777
PARKING – During the same two (2) to three (3) week period when the road will be closed, residents will need to seek alternate parking locations as they will not have access to their street or driveway. The City Police Department will be patrolling the alternate parking areas more often during construction and will not ticket vehicles parked in the road overnight.
Lawn Irrigation Systems - Property Owners who have irrigation systems located within ten (10) feet of the edge of the roadway should mark the location of any sprinkler heads so they are not damaged during construction. The City requests that these portions of your irrigation system be temporarily turned off during construction.
Lawns & Landscaping - All lawns impacted by construction will be restored and landscaped by the Contractor at the end of construction. The Contractor will be required to water the lawn for 2 weeks after which it will be the resident’s responsibility to water.