Safe Spaces and Work Places
Governor's Executive Order - Stay Home, Stay Safe
The City of Lathrup Village is committed to taking appropriate precautions against exposure to viruses for safe spaces and work places. Therefore, City of Lathrup Villages offices are temporarily closed until at least April 13th, in accordance with the Governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe Order.”
Payments and documents can submitted by:
- DROP BOX – located outside of the police department
- MAIL: 27400 Southfield Road, Lathrup Village, MI 48076
- ONLINE: Water bill payments can be submitted online at www.officialpayments.com.
The Lathrup Village Police Department remains in operation. For emergencies, call 911 or use the call button outside of city hall.
The Police Counter will have limited hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00am-11:00am.
Thank you for your patience and understanding that there may be delay before we are able to return your message.
Click for Press Release
Out of an abundance of caution for the protection of our residents, visitors, businesses and employees, we are taking appropriate precautions to protect their health, safety and welfare.
- City offices remain open during regular business hours – Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- Everyone is requested to limit public interaction in an effort to maintain Social Distancing – a distance of six (6) feet.
- Persons who are sick or displaying symptoms of respiratory illness are prohibited from entering the building. This includes residents and employees.
- The building maintenance service has been expanded to include daily disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces, such as the door handles, light switches and counters.
- City staff are being provided disinfectant products with instructions to clean work stations including phones, computer keyboards, and desk surfaces frequently.
- Everyone is advised to wash hands thoroughly and regularly.
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR RESIDENTS
For your convenience and safety, residents are strongly encouraged to make transactions online, by mail, or with the 24-hour dropbox, which is located outside of the Police Department entrance at 27400 Southfield Road.
The online payment portal for water bills and property taxes is: https://www.officialpayments.com/index.jsp
There is also an option to sign up for direct water bill payments using the form here.
Visit the city website for additional information: www.lathrupvillage.org
CANCELLATIONS / SCHEDULE CHANGES
In Lathrup Village, we have made the decision to cancel all of our Parks & Recreation programming for the rest of the month of March, as well as many city meetings.
We are waiving the cancellation fees for any rentals scheduled between now and April 30, 2020. If program participants choose to cancel the remainder of their March classes, we will issue a refund for their remaining time this month.
- Postponed – Senior Appreciation Lunch (moved from March 14 to May 2)
- Cancelled – Saturday, Zumba
- Cancelled - Monday, March 16th City Council Study Session & Meeting
- Cancelled – Saturday, Senior Cardio & Strength
- Cancelled - Tuesday, March 17th Planning Commission meeting
- All One Life Fitness classes cancelled for the remainder of the winter term.
- (Participants will be contacted regarding credit/refund options.)
- Cancelled - Monday Free Movie
- Postponed - Tuesday Lunch n’ Learn
- Cancelled - Thursday Drop-In Playtime- until further notice
- Cancelled – Saturday. April 4, Breakfast with the Bunny. (Ticket holders will be contacted regarding refunds.)
The City of Lathrup Village continues to follow recommendations provided by the Oakland County Health Division (OCHD), Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to prepare for and prevent the spread of the disease.
Steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
The City of Lathrup Village is committed to keeping our residents safe and informed. We are closely monitoring the complex and rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Please be aware that this is a developing issue which may change our responses rapidly. We will continue to share updates along the way.
Beaumont Hospital – Coronavirus Hotline – 248.551.7000
Oakland County Nurse on Call – 800.848.5533
A positive case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been reported in Oakland County. The woman in the case traveled internationally. The Oakland County Health Division says there was low to no exposure in the general public from this person. Governor Whitmer has declared a state of emergency to maximize efforts and assist local governments and officials to slow the spread of the virus.
The City of Lathrup Village is encouraging employees and residents to take appropriate precautions. Efforts are already in place to disinfect doors, counters, and common areas in the Lathrup Village City Hall. Staff will disinfect their work spaces.
General recommendations include:
- When feasible, residents are encouraged to use online services and the dropbox for paying property tax and water utility bills.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw away the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds, including finger tips and underneath fingernails.
State of Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/Coronavirus